Additionally, a recent piece in "The New York Times" suggests that many young runners aren't using events solely as a training venue or to gain experience; some are blasting out of the starting gates and setting an event's overall tempo and pace.
Listen in as a panel of runners, event participants, and parents discuss the impact that younger and teen athletes bring to the table in today's event landscape.
Scheduled panelists, include:
- Brian Adkins (Moderator), Marathon Brian: http://marathonbrian.com/
- Mike Westermeier, Westy's Running: http://mwrunfar.blogspot.com/
- Kristin Janson, Team Michael Moyles: http://www.teammichaelmoyles.com/
- Brian Ulrey, The Sole Daddy Running Blog: http://www.soledaddy.com/
- Luke May, High School Cross Country Competitor and Marathoner
- Chris Duran, High School Track and Cross Country Competitor