Listen in as Mike, Mark, Dan, Tim and Brian have a lively discussion about Marathon Maniacs. We discuss what is a Marathon Maniac, what you need to do to qualify, what our levels are, what our maniac numbers are, why you should want to join and many other aspects of the group. Dan is a 10 star maniac, Mike is a 3 star, Mark is a 1 star, Brian is a 1 star maniac and he is also a half fanatic and Tim has done 2 marathons in a month which isn't enough to get into the Maniacs but he was close.
Click here to listen to RRT 120
Are you a Maniac, answer these questions to find out:
- Are you addicted to running marathons?
- Do your thoughts switch to the next scheduled race immediately after finishing a marathon?
- Are you signed up for more than one race right now?
- Do you know specifics about many of the marathons? Dates, courses, years run, etc.?
- Do you know the story of how the marathon got started? Also why the course is 26.2 miles?
- Do you read books on marathons like Marathon and Beyond?
- Is www.marathonguide.com book marked on your computer? Do you look at the race schedule more than once a week?
- Do you start to feel down when you haven't run a marathon in a while?
- Are your closets and dressers filled with marathon t-shirts?
- Do you have so many marathon medals that you've run out of room on the hook they hang from?
- When asked about your racing from none running people, do you find yourself talking with great passion to the point that the person that asked the question regrets ever asking?
- Have you run marathons on back to back weekends? Or better yet back to back days?
- Have you run a marathon as a training run? Or just to pace a friend?
- When asked by loved ones what your plans are for the weekend, you feel guilty telling them your running another marathon so you tell them "it's only a half this weekend"?
- Do you plan all your vacations around a marathon race?
- Well if you answered yes to any of these questions, you just may be a Marathon Maniac!!!
Pasted from <http://marathonmaniacs.com/areyouamarathonmaniac.html>